Welcome to the site for all the latest information about Connecticut's dirty little century, roughly 118miles in early September, about half off paved surfaces. Please start by reading The Basics (this is a link) for information about the ride (if current year Basics is not yet available, the previous year will give a general gist).

Rather than answer individual questions repeatedly, please address questions as "comments" to the MOST RECENT post and I will answer in a blog posting for all to see.





Monday, April 4, 2011

Todd asked:

"Fenders recommended? And if so, are we talking splatter shields or full-gentleman mud guards?"

I've been riding it without fenders and just taking it easy through the handful of short wet sections to keep some oil on my chain. Saturday there was definitely water in places, but it had rained the day before and we even saw some remnants of snow in places, so that is still a factor. In a month's time, I'm hopeful for a very, if not completely, dry run. Of course, it will still be spring and still be New England.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,
    That was completely uncalled for. I'm not big for censorship, so I'm keeping the comment up, but this isn't a pissing contest. For your own education, fenders are often about etiquette to those riding behind, and trust me, a lot of people will be behind a strongman like Todd. I like you and know you're not a jerk, but the machismo does not have a welcome home here.
    Thank you,
    Salem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, just trying to be funny. Guess I wasn't.

    ReplyDelete