Do not park:• In an intersection.
• On a crosswalk or sidewalk.
• In a construction area if your vehicle will block traffic.
• Within 25 feet of a stop sign.
• Within 25 feet of a pedestrian safety zone.
• Within 10 feet of a fire hydrant.
• More than one foot from the curb.
• Blocking a driveway, alley, private road or area of the curb removed or lowered for access to the sidewalk.
• On a bridge or overpass or in a tunnel or underpass.
• On the wrong side of the street.
• In a space marked for the handicapped, unless you have a handicap license plate, tag or sticker.
• On the roadside of a parked vehicle (double parking).
• On railroad tracks.
• Where a sign says you cannot park.
Also, the actual entry to the rail trail is somewhat obscured if you don't know where to look. Below is a picture of the location, taken on Colonial Rd. and facing the traffic light on Parker St.
Click on the photo for a larger view.
The green and white sign roughly in the center is for the rail trail, with the (small) parking lot entry just in front of it.