Welcome to the site for all the latest information about Connecticut's dirty little century, roughly 118miles in early September, about half off paved surfaces. Please start by reading The Basics (this is a link) for information about the ride (if current year Basics is not yet available, the previous year will give a general gist).

Rather than answer individual questions repeatedly, please address questions as "comments" to the MOST RECENT post and I will answer in a blog posting for all to see.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mark asked:

"What you say is the surface mix? %pave, %dirt road, %railtrail, %singletrack?"

Of the roughly 50% not paved, about 75% is rail trail, which is a mixture of improved fine stone (most sections west of Willimantic) and unimproved ranging from pretty solid to soft and (right now) even wet in places. The remaining 25% is a mix of dirt roads (longest section is near the end in Meshomasic state forest), discontinued roads, and one section of smooth ATV trail along the river that was too good to pass up. Nothing is singletrack.

Just a reminder, please pose your comment/questions to the most recent post for the best chance of me noticing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment