Welcome to the site for all the latest information about Connecticut's dirty little century, roughly 118miles in early September, about half off paved surfaces. Please start by reading The Basics (this is a link) for information about the ride (if current year Basics is not yet available, the previous year will give a general gist).

Rather than answer individual questions repeatedly, please address questions as "comments" to the MOST RECENT post and I will answer in a blog posting for all to see.





Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lest it not be self evident

This is a self guided tour. In the past, rides I've instigated have been led group rides, but for something of this scale, everyone needs to run their own pace, thus the maps, directions, cue sheets, GPX file, and signs from GOD painted on the road. OK, I made up that last part, but the idea is, make sure you have what you need to find your way. I do expect lots of groups to form as people find their pace, and I truly hope nobody will be left to ride alone (I'd suggest it is good form to wait for someone riding in your group should they need time to address mechanical issues), but don't expect the whole group (no, I don't know how big that will be, but I'm excited to find out) to stay as one for a guided tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment