Welcome to the site for all the latest information about Connecticut's dirty little century, roughly 118miles in early September, about half off paved surfaces. Please start by reading The Basics (this is a link) for information about the ride (if current year Basics is not yet available, the previous year will give a general gist).

Rather than answer individual questions repeatedly, please address questions as "comments" to the MOST RECENT post and I will answer in a blog posting for all to see.





Thursday, March 29, 2018

Game On!

I need to be careful using those words, "Game On," after they encouraged Maggs and Jessie to open a couple big ol' cans of whup-ass rolling back into Willimantic on last year's Detour.  I'd meant it in more of a Wayne's World street hockey sense, but that nuance didn't translate, and next thing I knew, I was hanging dearly on their wheels, thinking maybe I should reign them in, but grinning too much to do so.  Anyone who was wondering what the hell was happening there, sorry, my bad.

So anyhow, that long winded introduction is my way of saying there really isn't much to say.  No changes that I need to announce, weather looks great for Saturday, and the parking has dried nicely, so no Super Swampers required.  Make sure you have your cues (regardless of having GPS, you'll need the few notes from the ride introduction 2 posts down the page) and GPX file set, or a thusly equipped friend, or at least a good sense of adventure.  Really, it's a good area in which to be lost with a bike, so you can't go too wrong.  Please arrive early enough that you're ready to roll at 10.

Not sure there's anything else to add.  More cow bell?

4 comments:

  1. I really feel like an idiot, but I can't figure out how to export the gpx file from mapmyride. Any tips or can you just link to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I figured it out:
      Create an MMR account for myself
      Copy your map to my account
      Then I can download it.

      Delete
  2. Simon, thanks for taking the time to post the how-to, because I had no idea. I'm not much help with (G)alactic (P)ositron (S)mashers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for organizing it! I had a blast! Very happy I figured out the GPX thing as I would've been totally lost without it. Big thanks to Tony and Joe for riding with me at the back. (I lost contact with the group on the first climb)

    ReplyDelete