Welcome to the site for all the latest information about Connecticut's dirty little century, roughly 118miles in early September, about half off paved surfaces. Please start by reading The Basics (this is a link) for information about the ride (if current year Basics is not yet available, the previous year will give a general gist).

Rather than answer individual questions repeatedly, please address questions as "comments" to the MOST RECENT post and I will answer in a blog posting for all to see.





Monday, August 7, 2017

Musings on the Seventh Year

So yeah, wow, this will be seven years of the official Detour de CT, and while there have been tweaks here and there following the most substantial route changes the second year, the ride really has stayed pretty intact from year to year.  Not sure I can say the same for the riders, but I sincerely believe that some have actually enjoyed the experience.

As for me, I really like the loop and find myself looking forward at least as much as ever.  Even with the route pretty much the same, I've definitely had a different experience riding it over each of the last six years.  For one thing, I only ever endo-ed over an errant dog on the Airline Trail the very first year.  But canine calamity aside, it is the other riders, the weather, or any number of other factors that have made each year a unique experience.  And underlying it all, I just really like riding this route.

So seven years (we might make a decade yet!), and I'm looking forward to a full day off from swinging hammers and instead rambling around a bit of eastern CT, hopefully with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment