Welcome to the site for all the latest information about Connecticut's dirty little century, roughly 118miles in early September, about half off paved surfaces. Please start by reading The Basics (this is a link) for information about the ride (if current year Basics is not yet available, the previous year will give a general gist).

Rather than answer individual questions repeatedly, please address questions as "comments" to the MOST RECENT post and I will answer in a blog posting for all to see.





Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy New Year!


Let's do it again! Alright, not too many specifics for now, but I think a early to mid May date works well, giving people some time for spring mileage but hopefully preempting a hot day that could make the long, remote rail trail grinds away from water murderous. Last year, there were some suggestions that a Sunday would be easier for many, and I am fine with that, but I want to keep a rain date option (a week later?) as I don't feel the loop needs inclement weather adding to the challenge. Call me weak.

Also, if looking at the route description from last year, keep in mind I expect a few changes. First, hopefully the new bridge will be in place along the Hop River Trail. Yea! Second, if I can describe it reasonably (I still insist on keeping gps optional), there are some viable paths I've found for the final run into the finish. Maybe this year I'll even shoot for getting all the instructions into one tidy post. No promises.

So feel free to post comments with your suggestions for the ideal date, or anything else of that nature. And oh yes, better start riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment